Thursday, May 3, 2012

Blush the Enemy



They say you wear your heart on your sleeve, well baby, I keep yours in the pocket of my jeans
I can rinse you out of my hair and even scrub you from my skin
But you seem to show up every time I'm prepared to let someone else in
They say the right things and even root for my favorite teams 
But still I feel like a traitor resting on their worn blue seams
They say we're wrong and I start to believe they're right 
Then why does my stomach sink at the thought of flight
I sit in the corner breathless and at times welcome our death
But how can there be much of a life beyond this
I'd like to measure that faint line that claims to separate love and ha-- No, I won't say it, I refuse 
Refuse to believe that loath can be weaved even from the smallest cloth of love that has passed, or worse, crashed
So I continue to mend and glue the tears in this blanket we make love beneath
Wincing when the light of truth creeps in between the sheets
Hold me, hold me how can you resist when my wounds seep through clenched fists
That life over there may be mine 
But why then can I only see yours which awaits right behind 
Set me free, set me free
It's when you can't hear this that resentment covers the pulling silence that forces you closer to me
Blame, blame, who's to blame
You who remodels the same game endlessly or is it me  
Me, the one who is too afraid of the life that waits when your comforting arms move
Allowing me hit these virgin knees
Do I have what it takes to defeat the most harrowing enemy
After all, it's not you
It is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment